Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For...Grass Fed Ice Cream!

Yum!
Have you ever had grass fed ice cream? I didn't even know that existed until a couple weeks ago when I went with my roommate Leila (above) to Moo Thru in Remington, VA (www.moothru.com). Moo Thru is a walk up/drive thru that sells not only ice cream, which is reason enough to go, but also fresh milk in glass bottles from the owner's grass fed cows. I'm not joking when I say it was some of the best ice cream I have ever had, especially for the price.


Now, I'm not saying that you should go out and eat a gallon of ice cream and call it a day, but every now and again it's nice to treat yourself. When Leila and I went, there was already a line so I am sure that they ran out of a few flavors, but even still they had a pretty decent sized selection. The one Leila's holding above is actually the cone I ordered-2 scoops of blackberry in a freshly made waffle cone. It was a HUGE amount of ice cream!
This is actually a pretty small line for this place

When you go, be prepared to wait just a little bit, but trust me when I say it is well worth the wait. Just be prepared to get in trouble with your fiance if you go without him and don't bring him any home (sorry honey).


No comments:

Post a Comment